Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kevin Kelly


The first thing that I realized by watching the video on Kevin Kelly really has nothing to do with computers it was just that he talks with his hands just as bad as I do. Then I began wondering how someone has the time to count up how many of all these things there were going to be in 5000 days. It just surprises me on how smart someone really has to be to be able to do this. He also talks like he knows for 100% certainty that all this is going to happen. But really how does he know?  Kevin says how the web is like a black hole sucking everything up. Well I guess in one way or another I can agree with that. You can do and buy ect anything on the web. I know I have personally bought fuel for my home on line, bought from local grocers, and ordered meat from butches, as well as other needs for my life. The only thing I have not purchased really at one time or another on line is auto gas. So for him to say it sucks everything in I guess it is true. On this video Kevin Kelly was talking about goggling his phone number, well I didn’t believe that it was possible to be found so I went and tried it on myself. And I couldn’t believe all the things that came up about me. Everything from my family tree to where I was born to even my children, when I got married ect. Then It went on to other members of my families info. To me this is pretty scary to think that all you have to do is type a name into Google and with a bit of looking you can know almost anything. I can say it will be interesting what happens over time on the web.

 

I read the site about the book Kevin Kelly has written and to me it doesn’t sound good at all. I am not into books like that. His site is very well put together though.

No comments:

Post a Comment